Too much of a good thing?

I'm starting to think that being obsessed with being on this forum, reading keto FB pages, watching all the YouTube pages, reading books, etc. is starting to get unhealthy. If keto is going to be a way of eating just like carb-eating was, then I won't be able to sustain all this extra-curricular activity I'm doing on top of the meal planning, cooking, dishes, and cleaning the cast iron skillet.

It's nice to be on a forum and get new ideas and recipes and make new friends, but I think I know everything I'm ever going to learn about keto unless there's a new scientific discovery. I've been studying low carb physiology for 17 years, I know almost all of it already and what I didn't already know I've filled in neatly in the last two months. I just wasn't able to implement it until this year 'cause I needed therapy first, and I didn't know I needed therapy until last year.

I just hate how I can't have dinner with someone or go to someone's house or even make lunch in the breakroom at work without the onus of NOT EATING CARBS, like I'm mentally deranged as much as metabolically deranged. My father in law made me promise three separate times that we weren't "feeding Emma keto" as if keto were poison or an "adult only food". What's he think it is, chocolate underwear?

I've always been an outlier, a freak, a different kind of person. I either got nasty looks 'cause I laughed too loud, ate too much, took up too much space, and now I'm going to get nasty looks if I say no when someone offers me a piece of cake. You wouldn't believe how much skinny people like to give fattening foods to fat people and then resent them for needing both armrests in an airplane seat.

I just want people to accept "different" people. I've always wanted that, and I'm sick of being different.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fell off the blogging wagon but the diet is better than ever!

How to do keto when you have BED...