Try and try again...

Alrighty!

It is Tuesday and as I was planning all weekend I am going to try a breakfast-to-breakfast water fast today. I'll probably be able to survive the fasting but the thing I am concerned about is whether or not it will trigger a binge tonight or tomorrow. Binging is all about the head-game. I learned in BED therapy last year that restricting what I eat can trigger a binge and since I started keto I have really come to recognize that immediate correlation. I have to be SUPER conscious that it's going to happen to have a chance of preventing or mediating it.

There are several tricks I've learned in the last 6 weeks of keto. It takes a bit of 1) desensitizing; 2) active mindfulness; 3) distraction; 4) chugging water; 5) not letting my emotions get the better of me; 6) positive self-talk and self-compassion; and most importantly 7) flexibility. I have to trust myself that if I'm really hungry I won't keep myself from eating. I have to be willing to "go with the flow". Just like taking care of any small child, even the small child inside of me that wants to eat sweets all day and is only eating keto because I promised her we'd go to the park after, I have to be patient, caring, and allow her to have a meal if she's really, truly hungry.

So this morning I woke up with coffee & cream, made and ate the "typical" keto breakfast, am having a second coffee & cream, and MFP says I've had about 800 calories and 69 g of fat. I'm wondering if I should eat a quarter cup of walnuts because that's not even 1000 calories. I need to make my decision quickly because I want all my food to be eaten about the same time so I'm not keeping my insulin up for much longer. I have some in my desk right next to me.

I have a mild ache today on my right side about where the liver and gallbladder are. Let's hope it's just gas and not that I'm having a gall bladder attack today. Maybe not eating would be a good thing.

---

OK, I decided to eat the walnuts. That makes 1000 calories for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell off the blogging wagon but the diet is better than ever!

How to do keto when you have BED...

Too much of a good thing?