Second day of several-hour fast...

Yesterday was really hard but I'm just getting started.

7:30 - Coffee with cream and stevia

Some vague hunger pangs all morning

10:00 - Break time for everyone else but if I want to break the pavlovian response to eating at certain times just because it's that time. No, I'm NOT gonna eat!

11:15 - Mild headache and not-mild hunger have started. The experts say that the headache means have some salt and the hunger can be resolved with water or bone broth. I have no bone broth, so I'll just sip on bullion, which has lots of salt anyway.

11:30 - I have a cup of bullion broth sitting on my desk next to me in case I get lonely.

1:30 - I've been sipping on the bullion every time the stomach grumbles or the mouth starts to water. Now my jaw hurts. Maybe I'm clenching?

2:30 - Still doing well, I just had a little energy burst that made me want to move so I walked around the building. Now I'm bobbing in my chair a little. I love not getting the afternoon lull you get when you eat carbs.

5:00 - Almost ready to go home and I haven't eaten solids all day. I've been sucking on a single serving of bullion since 11:30 and now I'm hungry but I can tell it just keeps coming and going. I'm going to eat before 8pm today, probably sooner than that rather than later, but I wonder how long I could keep this going if I tried.

Bedtime - Ok, so I spent the last five hours of yesterday eating. I'm fine with that, I don't feel guilty or anything, this is all a learning experience. I just know now that I'm not emotionally ready to fast 'cause it will trigger a binge. I'll try again later, after I'm more secure in my keto eating habits.

Lesson learned, and that's what all this stuff is about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to do keto when you have BED...

Fell off the blogging wagon but the diet is better than ever!

Too much of a good thing?