Fell off the blogging wagon but the diet is better than ever!

Last post I discussed how I wasn't going to be able to sustain all the "extra-curricular" keto activities I was doing, like blogging, reading forums, watching YouTube, etc. Most of that has calmed down, and as you might have noticed I took a break from this blog, but my eating hasn't suffered at all.

Since my first weigh-in in May I have lost about 34 pounds. After tracking almost everything I was eating for the first month, month and a half, I got into a rhythm and now I don't track anything but I'm still losing weight. Don't get me wrong, I don't go hog wild. I read labels, check restaurant nutrition websites, make sure I'm getting large quantities of healthy fats, keep my goals in mind at all times, and I don't eat carbs. I've found a couple sugar-free (mostly) ice creams that satisfy the (much less frequent) sweet tooth, a great sugar-free dark chocolate brand that manages the emotions during times of stress, and I make sure to eat at least one avocado a day for potassium and deliciousness.

I've discovered what it feels like to eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full (not stuffed), feel thirsty and drink water, and to feel the strength of walking by an open box of doughnuts in the break room and not even want any.

This all sounds like a miracle, but it isn't. Before keto I thought, "reduces appetite" was a fake thing invented by an ad agency. The first week I was fat adapted I forgot to eat lunch. That didn't feel at all possible to me. I don't forget to eat. The only way I knew I was fat adapted was because I forgot to eat. It was... strange. And wonderful.

At that point I started to understand that maybe, just maybe, I wasn't a binge eater and I wasn't fat. I was someone who had become a binge eater, become fat, as a side effect of eating a diet recommended to me by my doctors, government, and society.

I still have extra-curricular keto activities. I hang out on Instagram with a bunch of other keto peeps. I still watch videos by Keto Connect, Cooking Keto with Kristie, Highfalutin' Low Carb, and I have added AD Keto and Ally McWowie to my weekly playlists. They all have great advice, delicious meal plans and recipes, and entertaining videos. And I have finally gotten started with meal prep.

Hmm, maybe I should post my meal prep recipes here. I'll put something together and come back tomorrow with that.

Comments

  1. This is impressive, I hope the best for you, and I'll support you anyway in every way I can. You got this Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still reading and cheering for you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to do keto when you have BED...

Too much of a good thing?